- (2lbs. (1 roast)) Beef Arm Roast
- (1/3 cup) Red Wine Vinegar
- (1) Onion, diced
- (2 cloves) Garlic, minced
- (1 tsp.) Salt
- (to taste) Black Pepper
- (1/4 tsp.) Crushed Red Pepper
- (1-2 Tbsp.) Honey
- (1 fresh squeezed) Lime Juice
- (2 Tbsp.) All Purpose Flour
- Thaw roast before preparing.
- Trim roast and cut into chunks, save the bone to add later.
- Place chunks of roast in slow cooker and add all other ingredients, except the All Purpose Flour.
- Mix together and set the bone on top.
- Turn slow cooker on low and let cook for 6+ hours.
- Remove bone from slow cooker and set aside.
- Mix All Purpose Flour in 1/4 cup of water and stir with fork until there are no flour clumps. pour flour mixture into slow cooker and stir. (this thickens the broth on the roast. You can skip this step if you choose)
- Serve roast and bone hot.
I cooked this on low all day (about 9 hours total). If you need it done faster than 6 hours, cook on high for 2 hours, then on low for 1-2 hours. The bone in this roast is a marrow bone, full of collagen and other nutrients for strong, healthy bones. After cooking long and slow, the marrow in the center of the bone turns into a creamy, gelatinous consistency. I spooned the marrow out of the bone and served along side the meat for its added nutritional benefits. Delicious!
This recipe pairs well with sweet potatoes or rice.